Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dry Rub

I am so excited for spring!!!! This weather makes me all sorts of happy! We dusted off the grill and fired it up yesterday. Heaven. Here is a simple dry rub recipe. I've used it multiple times, on several types of meat (I even sprinkled them on sliced potatoes before tossing them on the grill...so good), and in a host of different ways. The nice thing is that I always have all of these spices handy, so it doesn't require a trip to the store. It's a tad on the spicy side. A dollop of sour cream on top or the side cools it down. I don't know where I got the original recipe. Sorry, I can't pass on the credit.

Dry rub
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
1/8 teaspoon finely ground black pepper

1 comment: